Font size of equations

Is there a possibility to:

1. have an inserted equation inherit the font size of the current paragraph by default
  2. automatically change when the selected text including the equation has its font size modified

naturally, the formula editor will maintain the ability to manually modify font size (e.g. post

I would have guessed not. Did you look at @Regina 's macros in Easy way to change fonts of all mathematical formulas (OLE) linked from your link?

not quite what I am looking for
when a paragraph (or any “chunk of text” for that matter) is selected and the font size is increased/decreased - I expect that all the letters and symbols in the selection including equations be affected (font size will be increased/decreased)

and additionally, that the initial font size of the formulas be set to the font size of previous characters (context sensitive)

Take a look at tdf#54358 (Font should size to the size of surrounding text and it doesnt, it always defaults to 12pt).

2 Likes

The bug (2012) link from @LeroyG has a link to an extension which does what the macros do but in a graphical interface.
That is a workaround too

It’s amazing that this is open since 2012

Equally amazing is the fact that people developed macro workarounds instead of committing a solution

I’ll try and have a look at the code, perhaps I can submit a pull request
The current situation is a deal breaker for me when it comes to technical writing

Here is another extension that might assist Writer2LaTeX » Extensions

This enables you to typeset your Writer documents with LaTeX, which does a better job typesetting text,in particular text with formulas.