Footnote Formatting Issue

I’m writing because I’m having an issue with the footnote format in the docx files I’m working with. I created the file using LibreOffice.

Whenever I open a file, the first line of every footnote is indented and many (but not all) have an extra line (blank) added to the bottom of the footnote. I have tried deleting the indents and the extra lines, saving, and then closing the files. Once I reopen them, though, everything is back the way it was.

I’m using Windows 7 and have LibreOffice version 3.4.3 installed.

I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

Hi @JimMcQuaid,

Several people have reported issues with round-trip fidelity when saving to the .docx format. Could you please try saving in the ODF format and see if that solves the issue?

You could also try a newer build and see if the .docx support has improved.

And, of course, if none of that solves your problems, then you can take a magical trip to bugzilla to file a bug. As always, please provide a list of steps that can help our developers reproduce what you’re seeing. While the QA team is quite busy right now, they will be happy to help you track down this and any other issues you may have.

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!

Bug 51811 - DOCX: on each FILESAVE, an extra tab is inserted between footnote number and text

Bug 39205 - When opening a .docx file, whether created by Word or by LibreOffice, LibreOffice Writer inserts an extra line break after each footnote

See also → Writer is adding unwanted tabs to my footnotes

fdo#51811 · Status: RESOLVED FIXED