Footnotes with extra spaces

Hi there,

this is driving me demented… When I close LO and reopen my doc, all my footnotes (about 70 odd of them) I end up with extra return carriages that I have to edit manually because search and replace wont work (or I cannot make it work).

In case it helps, I am using the latest version of LO on a MAC running 10.9.2

AFAIK, I am not using any fancy formating. Indeed I am using all the default styles alreay present and have not edited any.

The only thing, the original text came from a wordpress blog, so I copied the text originally in OO, but that wasn’t working at all, so someone suggested I moved to LO. Everything works better, but this footnote issue is not nice :slight_smile:
I am saving the doc as DOCX

Any ideas?

Thanks

There are known problems with footnotes in the DOCX format. The related bugs are fdo#39205 (carriage return) and fdo#64026 (leading tab).

I can save it as odt then and only at the and as docx… would that be a good plan? As the formatting is reasonably plain with a bit of luck there will be no other problems

Using the extension “alt. search and replace” I have managed to remove the gazillion of extraspaces I got in one second. Thank goondess for that.

Now I have saved it as both docx and odt, then I closed everything and restarted LO. Fancy that… now there is no problem in neither document… Is it possible that in some way doing the search and replace with the above extension has solved the problem (at least for now)?

@arkadian, it is possible that the problem is only in the ODT->DOCX conversion filter.

Who knows, but so far the problem has NOT resurfaced… Fingers crossed D:

I am experiencing this same problem. It is also accompanied by problems resizing the footnote text size. I can manually correct the content of the footnote, but the numbers enumerating the notes cannot be resized.

@arkadian - did your solution of saving in ODT format fix the problem permanently?