Form Navigator disappeared

Working all day to get a grip on LibreOffice Base worked smooth and fine. Working on a subform structure, which was just form and subform, with some lookup values and SQL statements, the Form Navigator disappeared late in the evening.

In fact, I closed that form, then deleted a table I no longer needed and when I got back to the form, the Form Navigator was gone. I can click the icon, which makes a vertical scroll appear, but the Form Navigator doesn’t show up.

I then closed the database and open one I had worked successfully all day. Some thing here, the Form Navigator doesn’t show up. I then upgraded 7.x to 24.x, but still no Form Navigator.

Searching the issue led me to this link
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13395
but it seems somewhat outdated.

Question:
Is there a system console or a log file or such to see what’s going wrong with the app? Or is there a known fix as how to get the Form Navigator back working?

Thanks for your time,
Norbert

Version: 24.2.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: bffef4ea93e59bebbeaf7f431bb02b1a39ee8a59
CPU threads: 8; OS: macOS 11.7.10; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: osx
Locale: de-AT (de_AT.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Seems I was looking for “OpenOffice” in Library/Application Support.
Looking for Libreoffice I found the “user” folder and moving it to the desktop brought back the Form Navigator. Probably I’ll miss some of my settings, but hey, I think this is part of the learning curve – setting up things will help me to understand better what I’m dealing with. Oh, btw., vs. 24.x starts a lot faster than 7.x on my Mac – great job everybody.

1 Like

Try

First steps to take before submitting a bug

1 Like

Maybe Navigator was set to hide? See Showing, Docking and Hiding Windows

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like that – the link gets me to a page discussing how to dock, show and hide windows. Would be great, but I can’t even get the form to dock, so I suppose it wasn’t hidden :slight_smile:

Have you tried Menu / Form / Form Navigator ?
Try to maximize/minimize the window first.

1 Like

Sure. Before I write, I usually spend quite a while to stroll menus and online references. At the end removing the folder Library/Application Support/Libreoffice/user was the short cut which put me back into business. I didn’t lose much by resetting things, I just had to remind where my files are spread :wink:

OK, got you :wink: Under some yet undiscovered circumstances, FormNavigator opens as a hidden panel “inside” the Form window, and clicking the “Hide/Show” indicator does exactly nothing but reversing the arrow.
Today I tried to drag that edge and sure enough, there was the FormNavigator, hidden by a panel width of 0 although it was in “Show” state. Which doesn’t seem like a wise design decision to me – but hey, I got it. Thanks to pointing me there, saved me one more user reset today :wink:

1 Like