Form objects without borders not visible on white page background in the editor

Hi,

when LibreOffice Writer exports to a PDF file and the content includes form objects like textfields, they do have borders in the PDF.
I don’t want the bordered or flat version in the PDF. Just the standard looking background color that signals its a form field.
But if I disable the border, its so hard to detect in the editor:

Why is that?

Do I understand your question correctly?
You want to know why a text field with a white background on a white sheet is not easily visible in editor mode?

What problem do you really have with it?

Yes.
The problem is, that I don’t see them when editing. So if I want to edit a specific textfield, I wont find it and therefore can not click on it.

It is a bit of an odd behavior, because if you choose no borders on a table, LO Writer still shows fine greyish lines so that the user knows: There is a table and this are it’s dimensions.
Not so on borderless form controls.

For these cases you should use the Navigator.
In the navigator, for example, double-click on “Control x” and you are there.

1 Like

Interestingly, jump to Navigator control objects does not work, if you aren’t in design mode.

Anyway, I thought that might be just a display error on my side, but I think otherwise showing borderless control objects like borderless tables are an visual improvement to Writer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a workaround, you can set the document background color to someone other than Automatic.
imagen

Here is another workaround.

• Click Format > Page Style, select the Area tab and set a suitable colour, in this case surgical appliance pink
  • Click File > Printer Settings, in the dialogue box click the Option button and untick the box Page background and OK

The page you work on will have the background but it won’t print nor export to pdf.

…if you aren’t in design mode.

Yes, it’s the design mode.

83568 Steuerfelder und Navigator

With me:

Version: 7.4.2.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 382eef1f22670f7f4118c8c2dd222ec7ad009daf
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL