Format as table in Calc?

Hello dear! can you tell me where is the function " format as table" in Librecalc? There is it in excel, but in Librecalc i dont see… Need to make clever table with filters as in excel " format as table"

1 Like

There is it in excel, but in Librecalc i dont see… filters as in excel " format as table"

LibreOffice Calc is not a clone of Excel. If you need pure functionality of Excel - use Excel.

However, if you are about to use LibreOffice, please don’t refer to functionality of some other software (assuming LibreOffice users know what you are talking about) but describe, what you currently have, what you want to achieve and were you fail to get it done.

It will take some extra effort on your part to overcome this limitation. Give the range a name. Turn on the option to expand refs when inserting rows… And be careful.

However, I consider it quite appropriate to turn to the functionality of Excel when posing a question: the analogy method quickly clears the essence of the problem.

@eeigor

However, I consider it quite appropriate to turn to the functionality of Excel when posing a question:

Completely disagree… the cost is: Lower the chance to get a sound answer to solve a users problem. Power users of LibreOffice rarely are power users of LibreOffice as well. Of course you can do so, but a questioner doing so eliminates all users of LibreOffice not using Excel at all. Your or OPs decision …

I suppose that the middle ground is OK.

1. I suppose it’s reasonable when a user refers to some other application they are familiar with: that allows people who know the referred functionality in the other application to readily know what it meant, and also it could help to avoid misunderstanding from #2 below, when the user is not always able to clearly express themselves, and the description may be puzzling (e.g., non-native speaker).
  2. But asker indeed totally must also describe in plain words what the functionality is; what the end goal is (to avoid XY problem); if possible, also provide references to the documentation about the functionality. Well - that is part of any good question, and taking an effort to create good questions is something that should be the first thing in the school’s computer literacy courses.

Option: “Expand references when new columns/rows are inserted”. And I add new rows with a macro (so as not to insert manually).

No possibility to make references because no excel programm. Before i worked in it and i am sure this function of “clever” table is very comfortable when working with big massives of data. i can only show in youtube this function of excel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EACHc_pZ5PQ

Power users of LibreOffice rarely are power users of LibreOffice as well.

Eh, what?

@gabix - of course you are an exception

Maybe, but I do not understand the statement. Why can’t a power user of LibreOffice be a power user of LibreOffice?

Excel, of course

I dont want to hurt anybode by comparison of excel and libre but in common it sad to make clear table in Libre by hands and no possibility of table prolong automatively in case of adding new data. For this need again draw by hands the new raws of data and add filters. Its like you want calculator work as laptop but have to work in calculator! Need to aspire to best ideas and dont say- its excel, use it, BUT we Are OTHER!!!

Do not answer a question unless it is a real answer. Modify or comment the original one.

My last remark here: You did completely, fully misunderstand what I wrote and you still insist on finding someone knowing Excel to the extend of being capable to anticipate which functionality you are talking about. You don’t hurt me (or any other LibreOffice user here), you did not compare Excel with LibreOffice and if, it would not matter. I was just talking about the probability to get your problem solved.

Oh thanks dear! I am not engl speaker and did misunderstanding. Hope anybody of dev ever make this function in Libre…((( but now i have to do it handy, draw raws handy and extend filter area

not handy but manually! sorry for mistake

You misread my advice.
Before filling in the row, you must first insert it below the range. It is not obviously for you.

@SnowMan3: note that @eeigor can also answer you at https://forumooo.ru/ :slight_smile: