Formatting error saving to powerpoint 2007-365 in impress

I just started getting the following format error saving to powerpoint 2007-365

This document may contain formatting or content that cannot be saved in the currently selected file format “PowerPoint 2007–365”

Is this a know problem? I removed all but text, and still get the same error message

This is not a formatting error, but an indication that possibly

Not sure how to interpret this answer.

I get the error message in your attached picture.

Your reply stops at ‘an indication that possibly…’, is there more in the message I’m missing?

Thanks
m

The message tells:

This document may contain formatting that cannot be saved …

The “may” indicates the possible loss. This message appears whenever you save to an external file format, not the native file format of LibreOffice (ODF). LibreOffice does not check if there actually is something that can’t be saved, it just warns unconditionally, that the conversion is not perfect, and some loss is to be expected.

Thanks Mike,

I ‘think’ this is new, and when I dummied down the file to contain just text, I still get it. So does every file now get this message when saving to powerpoint?

No this is not new; already OpenOffice.org 1.0.3 from 2002 warned if you wanted to close a document saved in an external format; and OpenOffice.org 2.2 from 2006 gave the warning upon saving, just as LibreOffice does since its start:

If you didn’t get the warning previously, you could had it disabled (e.g., because you accidentally played with the checkbox in the dialog), and recently you could reset the profile, thus re-enabling the default behavior.

Yes it should warn you every time; and I suggest you to consider it, because it really means what it tells: using external formats is likely to give you headaches; consider using native ODF formats if possible, and only save to external formats when you need to send the data to someone who can’t use ODF.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the answer and the support.

Mark

1 Like