Formulas in multi-sheet spreadsheet fail to calculate and update values

I have created a spreadsheet with multiple sheets. Each sheets contains several formulas, and every sheet after the first one contains formulas that aggregate and integrate formulas (and calculated values thereof) into the next one.

More recently, I have discovered that when I re-open the spreadsheet to input new data, the formulas fail to recalculate and they fail to update their values. I find myself having to return to each cell (containing the formula) in each sheet, press spacebar or otherwise imitate re-entering the formula, and then pressing enter key to update the values as they are supposed to reflect the new data/calculations. This has become a very tedious process, as I have many data points accumulated across several years (each sheet tab represents a year of accumulated data with graphics, charts, etc dependent on such data). I have re-checked and re-confirmed all the formula syntaxes I have written into the cells, and they don’t seem to be the source of the problem.

I would appreciate any help in tackling this matter.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Have you activated Menu/Data/Calculate/Autocalculate?

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try this solution. Although, I have a feeling that the software is not recognizing the formula and displaying/return the results. However, I will try this solution when I have occassion to receive and input new data next week. I will give you update on the solution.

thank you again.