Full numeration for table captions?

Let’s say I have a table within a sub-subchapter that is the first table of that sub-subchapter.
I want to add the caption where it’s numbered as “Table X.Y.Z.1”, with the X.Y.Z being the respective numbers of chapter/subchapter/sub-subchapter, and not just “Table 1” or whatever, but I have no idea how to do that; no matter what level I chose for the numbering, it just inputs one number.
When I try to change the numbers manually, the caption breaks and doesn’t work for list of tables, so I can’t do that.

Maybe this

2 Likes

This is somehow not in my options but I managed to figure it out in the meantime anyway.
Turns out you need to mess around in with automatic chapter numbering.

What do you mean? Did you number your chapters with a toolbar button? This is the most reliable way to mess everything in your document because you create a conflict between Tools>Chapter Numbering and list numbering. In addition, the chapter numbering sequence identifier is hard-coded in a certain number of “services” like caption number.

So, you better use Writer features the intended way. Unfortunately, the documentation does not state all the needed caveats explicitly. Anyway, reading the Writer Guide is always a good idea.