Get libreoffice to highlight today's date…?

Hey guys. Just wondering how to set LO to highlight today’s date.

Attached an annotated screenshot detailing what I want.

Thanks.

(edit: activated screenshot)

My LO version (5.2.3.3) has the Conditional Formatting option: Date value and comparison Today.

You don’t have to set the NOW() formula (as @robleyd suggests) using that one.

Thanks for that - obviously LO is ahead of AOO in this area.

Conditional formatting is probably the solution you want - set a cell somewhere out of the way to be =NOW()

Create and name (e.g. Current day) a style that has the appearance you want. Select the range of dates you want to manage and go to Format | Conditional Fomatting. Set Cell value is Equal To the absolute address of the cell containing =NOW() and set the cell style to Current day or however you have named the style you created.

I’m not sure if this will override the existing styles - you may need to experiment a bit.

There is Date is condition in conditional formatting that is better suited for the task. NOW() will probably not work - both because it contains time (which you may override by simply truncating its value, and because user dates may also have times, just hidden by formatting, so formulas should be used instead of values)

Whoever have minused the answer: this is not a proper action. The answer is not useless; even if it isn’t complete, it gives a direction, and may be used as a basis on systems where there’s no Date is conditions (AOO users may also come here to find information). Only downvote answers that are outright wrong or off-topic, please.