Getting started guide 6 BASE missing 3 pages in tutorial

Was "Step 6: Replace fields with other fields. in OpenOffice guide pages 34-36
Missing in LibreOffice Getting started?

Procedure to Replace PaymentType field with List Box is no where to be found in tutorial…

Hello,

First, this is LibreOffice and not OpenOffice.

Have just checked both PDF and ODT versions of Getting started guide for Base ( Chapter 8 ) and neither are missing those pages. Also see on the page:

Step 6: Create the query to calculate the fuel economy

and nothing about replacing fields. Please re-check.

I know this is LibreOffice, I’m a recent convert from OpenOffice and am trying to relearn data bases.
I started in OO and was using “Their Getting Started”, but the 64 bit kept crashing…
I researched and found LibreOffice and it’s great…

BUT… I’m only trying to HELP… When following the “LebriOffice” Getting Started I couldn’t find the procedure on “Replace with” list box for the field “PaymentType”

I searched back and fourth in LOGS. Then went back to OOGS and found it,
If LO has this procedure in the tutorial tell me the page… (it’s missing i think)

I programed and written docs for many year in the 1980s… When I get errors while programing I go back review, edit and rerun and find “THE PROBLEM” learn and move on…

For a real newbie following the LOGS I can see why people get confused…
Just Sayin… Don’t shoot the messenger…

I’m not criticizing the docs, just critiquing. You should know programing is quite literal, miss a ’ ’ and error…

The question presented does state that LO Base 6 getting started is missing 3 pages. This is what was responded to. You cannot expect that after many years LO is still following the same documentation of AOO.

There is a brief section in Chapter 4 - Forms of the Base guide which covers replacing a control. There may be other places but found this one quickly. It is not missing and is the Forms section of documentation as is AOO. All the sections in the AOO docs (there noted under ‘Getting Started’) are similar chapters in the LO documentation.

If using LO, then it is best to use the LO guides → Documentation/Publications