Greyed out buttons on the LibreOffice Calc Formatting toolbar

Since being upgraded to Windows 23H2 (Dark Mode) I notice that some of the icons on my LibreOffice Calc Formatting toolbar have become greyed out/disabled.
These are the Superscript, Subscript and Line Spacing icons.
I have not checked other available icons, so there may be more effected.

What I’ve tried:
Changing the icon theme from Automatic (Colibre) to Colibre
Toggling on/off: Advanced, Enable experimental features
Running a clean re-install of LibreOffice, including deleting the User Profile.

Temporary fix
Changing: Tools, Options, LibreOffice, View, Appearance, from ‘Light’ to ‘Dark’ reinstates the effected icons, but I’d prefer to remain in LO Light mode.

My setup
Windows 23H2, Dark Mode
LibreOffice 7.6.3.2 (X86_64). Build 29d686fea9f6705b262d369fe…

This appears to be a bug, but I would be grateful for any comments.

If it used to work before and doesn’t now after the Windows update then please do report a bug, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki
Cheers, Al

PS you could also report a bug through Microsoft’s process mentioned here, Windows 11, version 23H2 known issues and notifications | Microsoft Learn

@robbie54
But are you aware that these commands are only active in the cell’s
editing mode (F2)?

1 Like

PKG.
Thanks. Did not know about using F2 for Superscript and Subscript, however the icons for ‘Set Line Spacing’ and ‘Character Highlighting Colour’ (which I omitted to include earlier) remain disabled.

EarnestAl
Thanks also for your advice - I will see if I get any more comments this weekend. I didn’t report this immediately as I wasn’t entirely sure that I hadn’t somehow messed something up.

The functionality has never existed in Calc.

1 Like

Thanks again PKG
As a result of your comment I investigated and found that the notes I use when setting up LibreOffice had become corrupted at some stage, so I was using my Writer formatting toolbar notes for setting up the Cal formatting toolbar. Hmmm.

Not quite sure when/how this error crept in, but pleased to report that everything is now AOK.

Thanks again, and apologies.