Gridlines in Writer

Hi

I have started using Libre as I have found it is an excellent way of creating pdf forms. One question though, the drawing grid is very faint, how do I make it darker so I can see it better?

Also I have had some issues with objects not snapping exactly to grid and instead of say being exactly 6cm wide, it resolves to 5.99 or 6.01 and I can’t seem to correct it.

Kev

Hello,

to change the color of the grid: Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Application Colors -> Section: Custom Colors -> Category: Text Document -> UI element: Grid

Note(s):

• You can’t change the dot size
  • Can’t give an answer to not snapping correctly (Generally - I do use Position & Size properties of related elements)

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

Yeah I was using position and size. What I mean is, if I create a label say 1cm high 3cm wide, when you add extra ones at the same size, when you compare them there are fractions of difference. So I checked the first one and that now was 3.01. I corrected it but as soon as I work on another label, that first one went back to 3.01. The only way round it to get the same size is to copy and past and make them all 3.01, but that’d defeating the issue because it isn’t the right size.

Thanks for the grid colour change.

Please do not use Add Answer if you actually don’t answer a question but commenting an answer. Please use add a comment for that purpose. Thanks in advance …

If you consider your question answered, it would be nice, if you’d click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer. Thanks in advance …

Remember that all sizes and dimensions are integral multiples of a base quantum. This quantum must be sufficiently small to give acceptable results for all units (cm, inches, pt, etc.). There is inevitably a small difference with the conversion. This is what you see. You may correct the size to 3.00, it will always be stored as 3.01, and used as such, as soon as you hit OK.