Gridlines missing? (6.3.2.2-windows)

Hi there,

My 2nd question about 6.3.2.2 and calc:

After the update, my grid lines doesn’t show up. I am switching them on and off but the problem persists. I think that a re-installation will resolve it. But i had to ask.

I tried it with many sheets, and with a new one.
I 've thought that maybe it’s the grid color that’s transparent, does calc have a setting for the grid color?

Most probably a re-installation won’t help. If at all your user profile may be corrupted, thus you should check, whether this may be the cause of your issue:

• Start in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Archive your profile expanding Advanced (click on the word Advanced right above Help button) and click Archive User Profile button
  • Click button Continue in Safe Mode
  • Open a file and test whether the problem is gone

In advance you may check: Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice Calc -> View -> Category: Visual Aids -> Option: Grid lines -> Drop Down: Show

And important Tell us the file format you are using with your existing documents.

This was it! I did safe mode and it was showing the grid. Then i when to the option you described and it was turned off. Also there is a color option. Why not post your comment as an answer so I can make it solved?

Why not post your comment as an answer so I can make it solved?

I prefer to evaluate the cause in advance, if there is definitely more than on reason possible for an issue (In your case also a corrupt user profile or using an alien format [.doc/.docx] could have causing this).

I am using odf. I don’t know if the profile is causing this. I have posted one more question with a more bizarre side-effect of the update.

For the records:

Check: Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice Calc -> View -> Category: Visual Aids -> Option: Grid lines -> Drop Down: Show

If the answer is correct or helped you to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.