Have 5 tables of data that must go into 5 fields of main table. Struggling with form

I have 5 tables (with IDs) A, B, C, D, E. The main table has 5 fields A, B, C, D, E. Can accept NULL values. There are combinations of these 5 values that can exist. I want them in the Main table.

I need a form with 5 comboboxes populated from the 5 tables. I want to click New record, select (or not select) values in the comboboxes and then click Save record. The record of course being in the Main table.

I have tried numerous ways to achieve this. The problem of course is to get the combobox to send the ID field to the correct field in the Main table. Only get the option to save in its own table.

Couldn’t phrase search suitably to find anything in YouTube.

Can someone point me to a resource/resources that will get me going.

EDIT: I suspect that I can have the main table fields on the form, but hidden. Then use the comboboxes after updating event to run a macro that copies the value to the correct text box.

Don’t use combo boxes for this. Combo boxes are used to input text content into a field and get suggestions for the content, which could be added.
Tables A, B, C … might be constructed like “ID”, “Name” (2 fields).
In Main Table exist “A_ID”, “B_ID”, "C_ID …
List boxes will show “Name” and save “ID” to the fields. Code for this is
SELECT "Name", "ID" FROM "A"
for the field “A_ID” in your form.
Note: Entries for list boxes are entries from table “A”. So you could only choose this entries and couldn’t add new entries in the list boxes.

Whats you describe is called a “many-to-many relation” (m-n).