Header disappears after pasting data from Excel

I’ve seen other reports of headers disappearing.

It also happens when data is pasted from Excel.

LW Version: 24.2.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: bffef4ea93e59bebbeaf7f431bb02b1a39ee8a59
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-AU (en_AU); UI: en-US

And what do you want exactly? You gave no useful information to try and reproduce the phenomenon. What kind of data do you copy (and paste)? What is disappearing: existing header in Writer or supposedly copied header from Excel? Without precise description of initial data, procedure and expected result, we can’t help.

My bad.

I have an Excel spreadsheet of 10 rows and five columns. The date is alphanumeric, no formulae.

I select the 10x5 data and then go to LW. I create a new document. The template has a page header in it.

I paste the data into LW. It comes in as a table.

The action of pasting obliterates the LW page header.

Are you sure you paste into the “main text” area, not the header? Attach the resulting Writer doc for analysis.

Hi ajlittoz,

I’ve update LO to Version: 24.8.1.2 (X86_64) and the problem is no longer there.

I was stuck on an earlier version LO (24.2.5.2 X86_64) because downloading later updates produced a corrupt MSI file.

I’ve discovered a way to get around this. I used Firefox to do the download. It appears that Edge can’t always download the MSIs successfully (This installation package could not be opened).

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Open the Excel file with LibreOffice, and everything will transfer fine.

Thanks Villeroy.

I didn’t have the latest version of LW. That was the problem.

What is that “LW” thing you mention repeatedly from the start?

perhaps Libre Writer?

… which is something we don’t have in LibreOffice. We have LibreOffice Writer; it can be called simply “Writer”; but the lone word “Libre” does not relate to our project, at all.

I’m fairly new to LibreOffice. Apologies while I get used to the terminology.
Yes, I used ‘LW’ for LibreWriter not realising the correct terminology is LibreOffice Writer. Thanks, Good to know.