Help not showing on f1 key

Just installed LO 24.2.6 Windows and help file. (Had tried later version but same issue as this)
when press f1 key, do not see the built-in (offline) help. Is not properly configured to point to index.html in install directory. Instead this:

Cannot find in online help any help about configuring F1 key to use browser; in my case, Firefox. LO work fine otherwise.

Hi,

Could you please explain why you do not use standard help menu?

Many thanks in advance

It looks as if you have configured Windows to have LibreOffice default to opening html files. Your browser should be the default program to open html and htm files.

Right click on an html file and select Open with - Choose another program. In the dialogue that opens, select your browser and then click the button Always use this program to open this file type (or similar wording).

If help still does not open then make sure that you have downloaded the help file for the correct matching language, e.g English US or English UK, and for the matching bitness, 64 bit or 32 bit.

Thanks. I have no idea how or why my Windows default setting got misconfigured. F1 key ( a standard help menu item) works fine now that I have reset Firefox to be the default for html files.

1 Like