Help on coding in LO Calc

Ubuntu 22.04

In Calc I am making very small POS application everything went well but got stuck and to continue I need to work with Macros (hardly know how record one).

I need of some one to help writing this macro.

I have List with six Categories and a List of Products of each Category and a tabel where the Product is going to be insert and then the process is repeated choose another or the same category again new list or the same product list comes to front to choose another product to be insert on the panel on row below the first and so one.

I would prefer to be in Python but Libre Basic it will be good enough.

Thank you

Send a model file, it’s easier to suggest something.

Macro Explained

I have List with six Categories a List of Products of each Category and a table where the Product is going to be insert.

The macro should operate this way:

First cursor on Categories list Click on one Category goes BOLD and insert the Products from the Category chosen on Product list then take cursor on chosen Product and Click this will insert the Product on D3 cell, the macro should have a Categories LOOKUP for the price and insert it on f3 cell.

The process is repeated but insert on cells bellow the first.

I hope I make sense with all this.

I would prefer to be in Python but LO Basic it will be good enough.

Thank you

POS Try 01.ods (36.6 KB)

No matter how many lines of code you throw at it, you will not turn a spreadsheet into a database.

1 Like

Option without macros, using Validation.

POS Try 01_GS.ods (29,0,KB)

…or use Base:)