Help with Base rounding decimals

In my table I have the column format set as currency with three decimal places. I enter the value 2.239 and when I enter the record it changes the value to 2.000. Does anyone know of what is causing this to occur? Thanks

Hello,

Unfortunately your question is missing information. Please take a moment to review the following.

On the main page after you sign in, there, in the right hand column, is a section called Resources. Please read How to use the Ask site. It’s not all encompassing but will provide basic information to ask a bit better question. Also of help is this post → Guidelines for asking

There are also a few other links at the bottom of the page - FAQ & Help which are often overlooked and contain other information.

You didn’t include your OS, specific LO version, what database you are using (Base is not a database). Additionally where are you entering this information - table view, form control (type?) etc.

Please try to see your question as someone not there with you.

And please to not use an answer to respond. Either edit your question or use add a comment.

Another note. If this is the same Base file as the previous question, then your table definition is incorrect.

In table tblService the Cost field is defined as a Numeric field with a length of 100 and no decimal places.

Thanks. Once I changed it from Numeric to Float I was able to retain the decimal values.