Help with navigation on filter form

Hello, I am running a HSQLDB on Mac OS 11.4. (I also have a windows 10 computer that I am replicating the same issue on) I am using Base version 7.1.4.2

I have a filter form that when I select the ID from a drop down it displays information from the same table in a subform associated with that ID. It is doing exactly what I need it to and I am happy with that functionality.

The problem I have is that since the navigation bar only allows you to scroll between the results that the filter determines the navigation bar is essentially rendered useless while using this type of filter form. It shows the row of the table that is being displayed and then if you click the arrow to the right/left of course there are no other results to display.

Is there a way to make it so after I filter I can still use the navigation bar to scroll through ALL rows of the table?

Cattle.odb

Here is a dumbed-down version of the DB I am using and how I have it set up. This shows the issue I’m having if you open the form.

Thank you for the help and tips.

Hello,

What you want is not something that requires a filter or even a sub form. It does require a short macro and can present its’ own problems (list box items gets too long).

There is a sample of this in the answer on this post → List Box with navigation bar problem

I actually later found a good workaround for this.

I maintained the original form filter since the macro would cause problems if the list box items got too long. Probably wouldn’t be a problem with the amount of data I’m working with but I didn’t want to take any risks.

I then added a numeric field with spin box for the data that I wanted to “scroll” through. By linking that to the filter table it adds/subtracts one from whatever file is being displayed. That and a macro to automatically refresh did the trick and I have some makeshift navigation arrows.

This is good to try things. Be careful here. If you happen to delete a record, that could leave a hole in the sequencing.

The big problem with the long list could be longer search times to get to the wanted record. If you are not going to have a long list, should not present a problem.