Hex color codes not displaying properly?

I’m using a template from someone else where it’s counting how many of a color you have in this game. The game added more colors recently, so I wanted to expand it and it seemed to work fine except the colors are coming out wrong?

It said to enter a hex code and I did, but colors keep coming out strangle wrong. Like a purple turns into orange.

Example: Plum, according to the game, has a hex code of 863290. But it shows up in the document as an orange with a hex code, according to photoshop’s eyedropped, of ff420e. I have no idea what the issue is.

Is this game using an xls file with macros?

If it is then the macro is probably using:

Option VBASupport 1
Option Compatible

Which changes the way LibreOffice applies colours but does not change the way the RGB function creates colour value from the component colours.

I tried swapping position of pairs of digits in the hex code. Example instead of 863290 try 903286, but was not able to get Orange in LibreOffice or Excel.

Just try hex values that give the colours you want.

I probably should’ve specified that the game this is for is just a pet site, the xls file isn’t being put into anything on the site or anything like that. The file is more for-fun, to see how many of certain colors of pets one owns, that sort of thing.

I’m trying to get the colors to be represented in a pie chart, but after I expanded the available colors and made sure to include the new slots in the input line, the colors all came out wrong?