Hidden tables in Writer

I am wondering if it is possible to make a hidden table in LibreOffice Writer (I can make hidden characters but I’d like to make hidden tables) … if not, could that be made a reality?

[I use hidden text/information in my documents because I am a teacher and in a test, for example, the questions for students are not hidden and the answers are hidden WITHIN the same document. That way I can hide the answers and print a test for the students and unhide text and print an answer key.]

Thank you.

I don’t think it’s possible to hide a table itself. However, you can get the same effect by creating a section including the table, and then hiding the section.

You can also use paragraph or character styles to get that effect, for instance:

Question: Name four kinds of … ; formatted with the default paragraph style.
Answer: … ; formatted with the Answer paragraph style.

When you print the document for your students, change the Answer paragraph style - turn on Font effects - Hidden.
When you print the document for yourself, change the Answer paragraph style - turn off Font effects - Hidden.

Make sure that in Tools - Options - Writer - Print - Content - Hidden is not ticked.