Hide " check for updates " in menu

Hello, is there a way to hide " check for updates " in the help menu?

I can literally hide everything with customization, but " check for updates ".

Version is libreoffice-7.3.7.2, build e114eadc50a9ff8d8c8a0567d6da8f454beeb84f.
But I would need this even for newer versions, that are yet to come. Maybe I have to create my own extension?

EDIT:
this icon :

The notification informs about minor updates 7.4.1, 7.4.2, 7.4.3 etc. It will not notify about 7.5 and when 7.4 is out of maintainance, the notification will stop. You definitively want maintainance updates for the same version.

Sorry, I think there is a misunderstanding :slight_smile:

Is there a way to hide this check for updates icon?

Are you sure you’re addressing the database interface component, Base, as suggested by your tag. As far as I know, this feature is specific to Windows, so quoting the OS in necessary. An, of course, mention LO version.

Modify the tag to windows and common

you are right, thanks!

I don’t have this in my install, but I did not hide the icon. Maybe this can be set to “not available” during a custom install on Windows.

Yes, I just tried it, you are right. But then, there is no option to update the libre office from the installed package ( tools → options ). That is the feature that I need.

Never seen that. You just download a newer version and this will replace the older one, keeping your previous profile. Backup recommended anyway.