Highlighting lines of text automatically

I have a very long list of lines that have specific text that I want highlighted. I’d like to automate the task as it’s very long. Is there any add on or function that can do this in writer?

Please complete your question.
The help on this page is mainly provided by users like you.

Your question and the corresponding description should be as detailed as possible.
Please remember that no one can look over your shoulder when you ask your question and describe it.

In order to be able to help you as quickly as possible, we need to know your operating system and the LibreOffice version (three digits, e.g. 7.3.2).
Please also state the file type in which you have saved your file.

All important information about your initial question should be present in the initial question box, otherwise edit and complete it., to do it.

Please do not use answers (solutions) or comments for this.

If you have already fulfilled some of these requirements, so much the better. Thanks.

Upload a reduced and anonymized file here so that someone can examine it.

Here you can find the further References for this page.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

In addition, improve your question by describing what you call “specific text”. Give an example.

The lines or the specific text?

If it is the specific text, you can do it with menu Edit - Find - Find All, then use a character style (or direct formatting).

Thank you all for your answers. I have decided to go a different direction since there are too many items to
highlight without an automatic/subroutine to do so.

Hi. There are no answers yet, just questions on what you want to do. It isn’t clear.

Please provide a short sample of data and and say whether you want the text only, the line, or the paragraph highlighted.