Hoping to load Writer faster

Dear fellow Writer users…
I still don’t know why Writer slows , even hangs when importing large chunks of text. So I’m trying to improve things using the following tools or strategies to pre-process the chunks that seem to cause indigestion to Writer

For example importing unprocessed chunks starting from 25 to say 100 A4 pages, chunks which can also have incorporated in the wanted txt … illustrations, schematics, PCB layouts, drawings, photos,hyperlinks, commercial ads…

" Here my starting strategy would be to import and read the block directly in my case with editpad. Immediately as it designed for text it automatically filters out non/text leaving the unwanted hyperlinks and emails.

Dear fellow Writer users… I still don’t know why Writer slows , even hangs when importing large chunks of text. So I’m trying to improve things using the following tools or strategies to pre-process the chunks that seem to cause indigestion to Writer.

I’m currently writing on C programming . I did find that eliminating from the text chunk I’m importing… references which are often hyper-text links. " Illustrations and ilk.

For example importing unprocessed chunks starting from 25 to say 100 A4 pages, chunks which can also have incorporated in the wanted txt … illustrations, schematics, PCB layouts, drawings, photos,hyperlinks, commercial ads…

" Here my starting strategy would be to import and read the block directly in my case with editpad. Immediately, as it designed for text, it automatically filters out non-text leaving onlt visible unwanted hyperlinks and emails.

At this point I often find the text can be re-imported into Writer and it is absorbed faster or a lot faster… Now I have to do a bit of formatting on some of the text that may be useful.
But then again often this ploy did not improve after passing the text to Writer as it can be very slow or so slow it was hanging… (Writer often offers the not responding message) in practise = stopped.

Trying another tack when the importance of the text was worth the effort. I can capture each page of the wanted chunk with something like FineReader an OCR application which will output the ODT format… " My comment on this application is very good when it does the job, otherwise a waste of time.

Then a flash of hope in the form of importing chunks directly to WPS Writer. I was astounded and starting passing bigger and bigger chuks to see if it got indigestion. Well it doesn’t get it. I stopped when A 1000 page document was accepted instantly and showed reasonably header and general simple layout formatted pages in .docx in seconds: This in turn looks very good passing those 1000 pages to Writer…

Now I blinked with amazement because the docx which Writer handles very well, was also accepted so fast with the green importing bar moving quickly from left to write oops right.

For the first time ever I saw a 1000 page document in Writer which accepted after little spelling changes or inserting
a new ,say, set of heading 2 placements in the document, without strangling or stopping the new Save Update…

Just one last comment on the often offered Writer slowness cure …
Options → LibreOffice_-> Memory : However as the slowness is Writer specific it should also have
Options → LibreOffice_-> Writer-> Memory … maybe here lies a subtle difference… -;))

My conclusion is that LO Writer is the best around, but the design Gurus have to see why and how the WPS version can import at C speed , while our beloved LO Writer is behaving like and old fashioned GW Basic programme .

Hope some of the above helps you chunkees handling big documents.
Fred,
Madrid
PS. If someone else has their own pet method to improve Writer slowness… don’t be shy…