How can I apply conditional formatting rules to multiple calc sheets?

I have set up a bunch of complicated conditional formatting rules. Now I have added more sheets to the document but the rules only apply to one of them. There is no way to copy&paste them either from what I can tell.

Any ideas?

1 Like

The results may vary if do you set Value or Min or Percentileā€¦

E.g.: The conditional format Color Scale canā€™t be copied directly if set with Minimum Min and Maximum Max, neither with the Clone Formatting tool (aka paintbrush) nor with Ctrl+Shift+V-Format. But you could paste it in a cell, then choose Manageā€¦ and edit the range to cover all cells.

Data Bar doesnā€™t have this problem.

Working with LibreOffice 6.3.6.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

I can copy the CF properties to an another sheet (by the format paintbrush) and it works for me. I am tried it with a simple condition:

Cell value = 1

Maybe your conditions are more complicated. Please upload your ODF type sample file here.

My conditions are for a large range (basically for the entire sheet). And I edit them using Format ā†’ Conditional ā†’ Manage.

What do you mean by sample odf?

I meant an Open Document Format sample file, what contains your CF ranges and conditions.

easiest: [select entire sheet - ctrl-c - goto other sheet - cell A1 - shift-ctrl-v - select only ā€˜formatsā€™],

other: [copy formatted cell - paste in new sheet] edit range to apply to in bottom line of [format - conditional - manage - edit], care where you need #relativeā€™ or ā€˜absoluteā€™ ($-ed) addressing ā€¦

reg.

b.

P.S. ā€˜solved marksā€™ and ā€˜likesā€™ welcome,
click the grey circled hook - āœ“ - top left to the answer to turn it green if the problem is solved,
click the ā€œ^ā€ above it if you ā€˜likeā€™ the answer,
ā€œvā€ if you donā€™t,
do not! use ā€˜answerā€™ to add info to your question, either edit the question or add a comment,
ā€˜answerā€™ only if you found a solution yourself ā€¦

I only tried the first suggestion. Seems to work!