How can I Avoid Accidental Drag and Drop in Draw?

I’m putting together a counter sheet, in a draw document, based on notes in a writer document. I have to go back and forth between the two.

If I click on the draw document, to go back to it, to work in it, etc. it often selects and moves or resizes one of the objects in the draw document.

I’m spending half my time selecting undo.

I think it’s interpreting every single click as a command to pick up an object, but I don’t know, because my mouse and trackpad have been buggy and have often been interpreting single clicks as double clicks.

I recently boosted my memory allocations, so that LibreOffice doesn’t freeze as much.

So what’s going on, and what can I do about it?

Have you trying to adjust the mouse options in the operating system?, maybe could be helpful.

What do you mean by “If I click on the draw document, to go back to it”? If you want to switch between documents and they are side-by-side, then click on the title bar before doing something in the document. If the title bar is hidden, then you can use menu Windows.

menu windows?

If I understand you correctly, it is the same problem I have had. What I do is, right click on the object(s) I am having problems with, then select “position and size” from the drop-down list, when the window opens in the position ans size tab near the bottom you should see “PROTECT” . Check the Position box. This will keep it from moving without you wanting, it also automatically locks the size as well. When you do want to move or resize it, just go through the same process.
Hope this helps.