How can I create more than one record per page in "mail merge" with Writer? I am trying to make things like catalogs and fancy formatted custom labels

I am trying to make custom labels with very elaborate formatting and I am also working on creating various catalogs within Writer. To do this I am experimenting with “mail merge” to a table in Writer. I can get the field entered into the cells within the table.

However, I am interested in what data field I need to insert to have Writer pull the next record after printing a few cells or rows of one record in the table.

Is there an “end record” or “next record” field that I can insert into a table cell that will do the trick?

How do I get multiple data records within one page on LibreOffice Writer?

Thanks for your help with this.

On the Menu —
Insert - Field - More Fields —

In the dialog window select the Database tab and then the Type Next record and then the database table or query you want the field to refer to.

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick response. This looks like it is going to do the trick. Very cool!

All the best,

Shawn

Know this is a ‘little late,’ but seems this is pretty much the same thing I am trying to do. Only problem is that when I select ‘Next Record’ and then a ‘Query’ there are no field names to select though the ‘Insert’ button is active.

When I select ‘Type’ ‘Mail Merge Fields’ the db query fields are available to be inserted into the document. This however is not the correct approach (according to this post) to print more than one record on a page.

Your assistance is greatly appreciate.