How can I find and rescue a very important Document saved to LO?

Since I downloaded the latest version of LO 4.3…, I have no end of problems from this programme, I lost a very important document, I have looked everywhere on my computer and consider that I saved it twice in different places, to LO default and Microsoft, so where has it gone, please help me. Theyob

If you have saved a document twice in different places it will not be lost.

The fact that you cannot find a document has nothing to do with LibO but with your OS. Unfortunately you did not specify explictly which OS are you using. I assume you are using a Windows version.

Using Windows, you can use an Explorer (File explorer not Internet explorer!) and its search function to search your file by name, extension, date last saved, modified or created, even by words inside the file.

Windows also has “My Recently Documents” listing about 15 files - have look if it still logged there.

Should you have used LibO to open and save the file you have some additional possibilities:

• File > Recent Document the list is short but there is a chance
  • Look at the default path under which LibO saves your documents you find this path here:
    Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Pathes > My Documents
  • Look into the backup folder under which LibO saves backups if you switched this options on. You find this folder the same LibO window where you see the “My Documents” path.

If you have saved your file on your HDD, LibO never removes it.

Good Luck!!!

Thank you for your help, your instructions have opened a lot of lines I can follow, I did not find the Doc I was looking for, had to start all over, I will not be using LO again in any version, my knowledge of IT is very sparse and I don’t have the time for experimental usage. Again Thank you X