How can I get currency amounts to display in word-form using the Indian Numbering System (e.g., "lakh")?

In Calc, when i use =moneytext() to calculate currency number to word, like 123 means One Hundred and Twenty Three its work properly, But when the currency number 423977 in the word shows “four hundred and twenty-three thousand, nine hundred and seventy-seven” But i want to show Four Lakh Twenty Three Thousand Nine Hundred and Seventy Seven

Please any one help me in this regard…

Maybe

=SUBSTITUTE(MONEYTEXT(423977);"hundred";"Lakh")
?
Karolus

As @karolus has indicated, your question does not indicate correct use of the MONEYTEXT function in the NumberText extension. To obtain a number (in cell A1) in Indian rupees requires =MONEYTEXT(A1;"INR"). Please refer this answer for further details.

Having said that, it appears there is no support in the NUMBERTEXT function for the Indian Numbering System. There may not even be any support for this numbering system in Calc or LO as a whole. There is currently no open (or closed) bug relating to this issue.

Please file an enhancement bug and provide as much information about this new feature as possible. Don’t forget to mark your bug as an ‘enhancement’. The QA team will be happy to help you triage your feature request in the bugtracker. Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”. Thanks.