How can I identify and communicate with the author of a Calc template?

I have searched for a way to identify a template author, but can’t find anything. I want to use the images in various stages of a template use in a book and would like to get permission. My understanding is that the GPU license for using the software is not the same as copyright issues for using images. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

The link is: https://extensions.libreoffice.org/templates/monthly-budget-and-expense-record

The license is : GNU-GPL-v2 (GNU General Public License Version 2)

Thanks

Post the template link.

Besides, it likely was meant GPL license, not GPU.

My understanding is that the GPU license for using the software is not the same as copyright issues for using images

Do you mean you consider the screenshot of a program with a document created based on the template to show some art or text coming from the template? Then it would be a derived work of the template, which falls under GPL. I don’t see how creating and using (displaying anywhere) screenshots of this template would violate anything - if you link to the template page?

See e.g. Wikipedia rules.

Mike: Yes, I was referring to screenshots used in an e-book, based on a LibreOffice template. Your link to Wikipedia rules was very helpful. The safest way to publish anything that is not from the author is to get permission, which was my goal. LibreOffice adds to the confusion by warning that templates may have a copyright issue. In the end, I may have to create my own Calc sheet to avoid any risk. Thanks for your help.