I have a short AVI file already embedded in my presentation but I would like to have a loop on it until I transit to the following slide.
Hi @luca_fantin, Did my answer work for you? If so, please mark it as correct. Thanks!
Steps to adding a looping video (I’m using LO 126.96.36.199 on Ubuntu 12.04.1):
- Open up LO Impress and click through the “Next”/“Create” wizard to get to a new presentation
- When the wizard goes away, navigate to: Insert → Movie and Sound…
- Select a short video clip from your system (I chose a short Ubuntu clip encoded using Ogg Theora)
- On the Movie and Sound toolbar (mine appears near the bottom of the screen), enable the “Repeat” button (it’s just to the right of the Stop button).
- On the left hand side of the screen, in the Slides pane, right-click and select “New Slide” to add a 2nd slide.
- In the center pane, click on the slide in the box that says “Click to add title”, and change the text to “Got here!”. That way we’ll know that we got to the 2nd slide.
- Press F5 to view the slide show
- Once the video loops a few times, press the RIGHT ARROW key to move to the 2nd slide. The video should stop playing.