How can I make an object disappear in Impress?

Hi there,

I use LIbreOffice Impress for my presentation, and often use Animations to remove objects from screen (when I give my audience the answer, etc.).

However, I sometimes need to remove them in different order, and I am just wondering if I can use “Interactions” for that purpose. There is no such action in “Action at mouse click” but if someone knows the way around it, please let me know.

Thanks,

• Select an object
  • Choose menu View - Animation (you can access the Custom Animation pane from the Sidebar)
  • Press Add Effect button (+)
  • For Category: choose Exit
  • Select an Effect:
  • Press Options button (beside Direction:), and in Effect tab set After animation: to Hide on next animation (may be a bug there)
  • (Press Options button,) and in Timing tab set Start effect on click of: and select the object name

See LibreOffice Help on Animating Objects in Presentation Slides

Tested with LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

Add Answer is reserved for solutions. If you think the answer is not satisfactory, add a comment below, or click edit (below your question) to add more information. Thanks.

Check the mark (Answer markCorrect answer mark) to the left of the answer that solves your question.

If the answer helped you, you can mark the up arrow (Upvote mark) that is on the left (to vote, you need to have karma of at least 5).

1 Like

Thank you for your info. It worked pefect! I am also pleased that I can use this on-click (=trigger) animation in addition to the regular animation.

This will give me a better way to make a presentation. Thank you very much. I really really appreciate it.

You’re welcome!