How can I stop Writer freezing?

I have downloaded libre office 6.3.5 for a 64-bit windows laptop. I have Windows 10. I am opening documents originally created in Word (selecting “open with Libreoffice”). I usually have two documents open at a time. Two days ago, the document I was editing froze when I saved it. The other document also froze and could not be edited or closed. I closed my computer without switching it off, and the next day the saved document had closed, and I could close the other. Again today, with two documents open, the same thing has happened. I don’t want to wait until tomorrow to finish working on documents! How can I solve this problem?

If you work with LibreOffice, I recommend saving your files in ODT format immediately after opening.

Depending on how the DOC files created by Word were created, there can always be problems between the formats.

Here is some background information:

=======================================

Basically:

Always create and save your files in LibreOffice and save them in ODF format (ODT, ODS, etc.).
Always keep these files as their source. If you need other formats for distribution to partners, you can open an ODF file and save and distribute another format with ″ Save as… ″.

This way, you always have working files available in your system environment.

See:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/General/118

========================

Please report the behavior as a bug in Bugzilla.

Please announce the link from the bug here.

To do this, edit your initial question. Thank you.