How do I add a delete option to a "LibreOffice Dialogs" Window?

Hello,
I’m using:

LibreOffice version 6.1.5.2
Debian Linux 10 "Buster"
KDE Frameworks 5.54
Plasma 5.14.5
KDE Applications 18.08

In the LibreOffice “File->Open…” window, my “View” setting is not remembered.
Example:

File->Open...
<right-click>->View->Detailed View    <- change from "Short View" to "Detailed View"
<close>
File->Open...

The “View” setting has reset back to “Short View”, instead of remembering my change to “Detailed View”.

I’ve fixed this problem by switching the “File->Open…” dialog window from the KDE system window to the LibreOffice specific window.
This switch is done in LibreOffice version 6 (my version) by:

Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Advanced
Open Expert Configuration
UseSystemFileDialog=False

For reference, in LibreOffice version 5 (older version), this switch is done by:

Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> General
[CHECK] Use LibreOffice Dialogs

So by switching to the LibreOffice specific “File->Open…” window, my changes to the “View” settings are remembered.
So far, so good.

Unfortunately, this new LibreOffice specific “File->Open…” window does not allow me to delete a file/directory.

In the original KDE system “File->Open…” window, I could delete a file/directory by:

<right-click>FileName->Move to Trash

(Also, the DELETE key shortcut would also delete the selected file/directory.)
This window/mouse behavior is typical.

In the new LibreOffice specific “File->Open…” window:

"<right-click>FileName"-><missing delete option>

Only a “Rename” option is offered; no delete option or any other option is offered.
(Also, the DELETE key shortcut does NOT delete the selected file/directory.)
This window/mouse behavior is not typical.

Questions:

1. How do I add a delete option to the
    LibreOffice specific “File->Open…”
    window?
  2. Or … how do I make the original
    KDE “File->Open…” system window
    remember “Detailed View”?

Thank you for the help.

My two bits:

• Most likely the developers won’t bother to make a fully functional file manager dialog, because you already have that by using the system dialogs instead. You must choose one or the other.
  • Using the office application as a file management tool is a bad habit. (Our students do it all the time, and frequently get confused at the results and side effects).

Sorry that I can’t offer any advice on how to do it anyway. I guess developers need to be summoned for this.

1. “LibreOffice version 6.1.5.2” is rather old, and work has been done in KDE integration recently. So it might be worth testing if upgrade fixed that.

2. You might want to file a bug. It may be one of two possibilities: either storing the state is done automatically by DM, and may be suppressed (in that case, the suppression should be removed); or in this DM, it’s required that application store the settings itself (and then LO needs to implement that). Dialog settings are saved fine in Windows and in GTK, so …

This problem is fixed in LibreOffice version 6.3.3-2~bpo10+1 (Debian buster-backports).