How do I add space after a List (not a List Item, but the list itself)?

I have a document with many lists, both ordered an unordered in them. I would like to add a space to the end of the list, so that there is space between it and the following paragraph. I would prefer to do it this way, than to have space at the top of the paragraph, if possible. (Otherwise, I’ll need to re-do all my styles, unless I am missing something simple…)

If I try to add space following a list in the Styles, it adds the space to each list item, which I do not want. How can I add space after the list as a whole, but not the individual list items?

Alternate answer - The reason I don’t like space before an object is that it then leaves space at the top of a page and / or does the space both below the header, and above the paragraph, unless I am mistaken. Does the space before a paragraph or header appear at the top of a page, and does the space after a header add with the space before a paragraph? If they don’t add (if it just takes the greater of the two, and ignores it at the top of the page, this might be a better solution.)

Thank you!

For unordered list items you can use the List N End style for the last item in a list and set the Below paragraph spacing for this separately to the standard List N style. Same for ordered lists (using the Numbering N styles). You can also link the various … Start and … End list styles to automatically change to the following required style when pressing ENTER e.g., under the Organizer tab set the Next Style for an … End list style to Text Body.

Wonderful! That works perfect!

Thank you!