How do I adjust or change size of a picture?

i’m trying to place a picture into a text document. The picture is to large. How can I make it smaller…rotate it…and wrap the text around the picture?.. and then save it as a .jpg for printing?

hello @DoouglasJones,

After inserting the picture into your Writer document, here’s how to resize it:

1. Select the picture by clicking once on it, so that the green “resize handles” appear around the image;
  2. Click down on one of the green resize handles ( preferably one on the corner ), and drag it across the screen until your image has the right size.

To rotate your image 90, 180, or 270 degrees, right-click on the image and select the menuitem “Rotate or Flip : Rotate [90, 180] degrees [Right/Left]”.

To wrap the text around your picture, right-click on the image and select the menuitem “Wrap : Page Wrap”.

To save the picture as .jpg, right-click on the image and select the menuitem “Save...”, then in the Formats listbox, select “JPEG – Joint Photographic Experts Group”, then enter a name and click the “Save” button.

HTH, lib

I also resize a lot of the pictures in articles that I save. I click on the picture and when the green arrows appear I then place the cursor on the picture if it isn’t already there and then click on properties. I can then change the size of the picture’s height and width. Hope this helps.