How do I click the form button but not edit it? How do I edit the button?

When I create a calc document, I can add and edit the form button and assign macro to it but cannot click it; When I save it and open again, I can only click form control but cannot add or edit it. It is annoying.

I may know what to do. I need to display form control toolbar in view menu, and here I can switch between editing mode and normal mode. It is a little stupid.

What non-stupid solution would you suggest?
Probably you didn’t notice that a document stored with ‘FormControls NOT in EditMode’ will also be in ‘UsageMode’ when loaded again.

Sorry for my bad manner. But office 2003 with same style will display the toolbar automatically and then I can simply know what to do according to help document.

I think it’s a good answer from myself and it works. But if the problem has no answer, others may miss this useful method. Can you tell me why so?

Of course. I didn’t want to reject an answer, but only now i actually see your answer: If the toolbar for FormControl objects is off, you need to include it via >View>Toolbars.

I would suppose that MS software also is configurable concerning what toolbars are viible. LibO is, and my profile and templates have this toolbar on by default.

Lots of fun and succesds with LibreOffice!

I added this button to my standard toolbar.
Menu / Tools / Customize / Toolbars.
Search: Toggle Design Mode.

Maybe something related with Menu/Tools/Forms.