How do I copy a Libre document onto a flash drive?

I am not good with computers. I knew how to copy a Word document onto a flash drive to take it to the copy center. But when I try to copy a Libre document there is an x in upper right corner and it won’t let me copy it? I tried opening the document and doing the copy and paste thing but that did not work either. Help! I plan to write another genealogy book and NEED this feature!

There is nothing special about a LibreOffice document and there exist several ways to copy a file to your flash drive. How do you do it with a Word document?

The first step is always, that you make sure, that your flash drive is properly attached to your computer. Press Windows-key and key-E together. It opens the Windows explorer. Do you see your flash drive listed?

Ways to copy:

(a) Double click the flash drive in the Windows explorer to open it. Go to the place, where you have stored the LibreOffice document. Drag the document to the flash drive.

(b) Go to the place, where you have stored the LibreOffice document. Right click the document icon and select item “Sent To”. A list opens, where you should see an item for the flash drive. Select it.

(c) Start LibreOffice and open your document. From menu “File” use item “Save a copy …” and select the flash drive as target.

(d) Start LibreOffice and open your document. From menu “File” use item “Export as PDF…”. This does actually not copy the file, but generates a PDF file. Copy centers can often work better with PDF files than with ODF-formats.