How do I delete a page with or without content

I have a document that originally had 4 pages of text. Page one has some text, pages 3 and 4 are blank. I only want to keep page two. How do I get rid of page 1, 3 and 4?

Edit Fri May 10 23:41:31 CEST 2019 (Opaque): Moves OQs answer, since it doesn’t answer the question, deleted answer

I don’t have an answer. I don’d know how to delete whole pages.

Hello,

on the blank pages 3 and 4 go to first line and first charcter and press . This will delete the page break. (please assure that the pages are really empty). On the first page, select all the text, which is still in page on and delete that. If that doesn’t delete an exististing page break on page 1, then move the cursor to the first character of page 2 (in front of the character) and press again.

PS: There is no “Delete Page” function. You always need to delete pages by deleting the text contained in that page and by deleting manual page breaks existing in the page before the page you want delete (page break is on the previous page).

I have been trying for a very long time to figure out how to do the same thing. Like you, I just had to make sure when printing not to add the unwanted page to the printer list . Today I made a TEST document with two pages full of gibberish, so as not to ruin a good document. I found TWO very EASY ways to delete an unwanted page.

Method 1-is go to the first GOOD page… put cursor at the very LAST space on that page and hit CONTROL DELETE. Second page disappeared!

Method 2 -put cursor at the very FIRST space available on the page you want deleted and again hit CONTROL DELETE. Page disappeared! Works for me every time!

HOPE this works for you as well.

Now, MY PROBLEM is finding an easy way to ADD a page. No matter what I read about and try, unable to accomplish that task. I just keep hitting ENTER button until it brings me to a NEW page but there has to be an easier way. In the scheme of things, small problems, but annoying just the same. Good luck.

1 Like

@CE2,

To add Page (or break to next page) Ctrl + Enter. If inserting new page in middle of existing you need to perform twice.

BTW, just tried your method & doesn’t do as you state. Only deleted next word. Ubuntu 18.04 with LO v6.2.0.3. Ctrl + Shift + Delete deleted paragraph.

Thanks for the instructions on how to add page - seems to Work!! TY! Hmmmmm… don’t know why my method did not help you – I just tried it several times again and it works for me. I don’t think the OS or version of LO matters… or does it? I am still using version 6.1 – Hope someone else will try my method to see if it works. Now I am more than curious! Thanks again.
BTW I tried Opaque’s method – does not work for me. Very strange.

Have always used method as stated by @anon73440385.

Mybad - Upon re-reading Opaque’s method… IT DOES WORK on an empty page. I was trying it with a page with information on it… Thank you Opaque and Ratslinger

CONTROL DELETE helped me. I had a fixed page break because of changing a part of the document to horizontal orientation and this deleted a blank page that was before. Thanks!