How do I delete an unwanted style from the sidebar?

Libre Writer comes with a lot of ready-made styles all ready to go. I suppose that’s a good thing, but I don’t find it useful. I much prefer creating my styles from scratch. All those extra styles just clutter up my sidebar making it hard to use. The method that ought to work is simply to right-click on the unwanted style and choose “delete” from the drop-down menu. However, when I do that, the “delete” option is greyed out and unresponsive. So, how do I delete all these unwanted styles?

Thanks.

John

You can’t delete the standard, inbuilt styles, for a very good reason: they’re actually useful if used properly. The inbuilt Heading 1, 2 etc. styles are the default styles for inclusion in the table of contents, headers and footers and so on. They’re your best friends. You insist on re-inventing the wheel. Why? If you don’t want to see the entire list of styles, select Applied styles in the drop-down list at the bottom of the list.

To show the community that your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers.