How do I enable automatic update?

When I open some of the spreadsheets I have created, I get a message in a yellow banner at the top of the sheet, “Automatic update of external links has been disabled.” I have tried to correct this by going to the Edit menu and choosing Links to External Files… but nothing in that menu corrects the problem.

Hello,

you need to make 2 settings:

Setting 1

Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice Calc -> General -> Setting: Update links when opening -> Option: [o] Always (from trusted locations

Setting 2

Add the location of the file containing the link to another file (not the location of the file linked to) as a Trusted Location through:

Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Security -> Button: Macro Security -> Tab: Trusted Source -> Pane: Trusted File Locations -> Button: Add

**This is an example** which defines files in `/tmp` to be allowed to automatically update links to external data. Of course you need to adapt this to your use case.

Hope that helps

It worked! Many thanks.

If the answer works for you, please consider to click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer. Thanks in advance …