How do I force convert-to function on a one-page xls to write a one-page pdf?

I have a 14-column xls file that converts nicely to pdf using soffice --convert-to, but it puts each row on two pages, making tracking across all of the columns difficult. I don’t mind making the font smaller, maybe forcing to landscape if needed, but the documentation implies there are not many formatting flags.
It seems the GUI allows to change font, etc. - so I’m thinking it must be possible…?

In which application (type and version)do you open your xls-file? Which OS are you using?

As your page and print out settings are not known, it is difficult to give detailed instructions. It appears to me that these settings are not adjusted to your needs. I would look into View > Page Break Pre-View and Page Pre-View

May I suggest to have a look at https://help.libreoffice.org/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=print+out+calc&fulltext=Search

If you don’t find what you need, please provide more details. Ideally allow access to the file; in this case be careful about the content as this is a public forum.

thanks for your reply.
I am running LibreOffice on a redhat linux server and need to take hundreds of xls files and convert them to pdf files- so I do not want to use the GUI interface.
the command “soffice --headless --convert-to pdf myxlsfile.xls” works, but it creates two pages for each page on the xls file, because it is too wide. I’m hoping there is a flag I can add to the “soffice” command above to make the output be on one page.