How do I format the text in Calc Page Headers

I have a file that started as an .ods file. Everything was exactly how I wanted it. The cells were all a sans serif font (I assume Liberation Sans), as were the header and footer. It was saved as an .xlsx file, which resulted in the header text’s being changed to a serif font (I assume Times New Roman). I have re-saved it as an .ods file in hopes that it would go back. It didn’t. How do I change the font formatting of the header and footer:

1. When working with an .xlsx file?
  2. When working with an .ods file?

…save them in ODF format (ODT, ODS, etc.). Always keep these files as their source.

Recommendation for a clean working with LibreOffice when different office programs are used

How do I format the text in Calc Page Headers?

You have to repeat it manually and then save it as ODS!

Use Cell styles for formatting.

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn’t answer my question. What if, e.g., I wanted to make text in the header bold? Could I do that?

Menu Insert > Header/Footer...
Then click on the symbol for Text Attributes.

In the Font tab under Style, select Bold.

I must be working with a dumbed-down version of Calc. I can’t find anything about Text attributes in the Headers/Footers dialog.

Version: 7.5.7.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 47eb0cf7efbacdee9b19ae25d6752381ede23126
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Did you see the screenshot addition in my comment above?

Yes, I see it, thanks! I never even saw that button. Apologies for needing to be spoon-fed. I have what my doctors call “left side neglect” as a result of my tumor. Still, I’m sorry I overlooked that and had to be spoon-fed.

1 Like

Good luck!