How do I get back to previous version of LibreOffice?

I recently updated to 24.2.2.2 on Windows 10 and it has been nothing but trouble. Crashes, grays out options, and today, said something was write-protected that I never did. I never had these problems with any previous versions. If I can’t uninstall and reinstall a different version, I’m going to have to find another software.

Windows allows usrs with admin rights to uninstall software from control-panel for software, even if there is no uninstall option in the menu.
For older versions you may need two ancient techniques: scroll down and read.
Use the usual download page:

Scroll down to the second download option (now 7.6.6) or even further until you read “Available Versions” and choose one.
Even older versions are behind a link in the sentence “Older versions of LibreOffice (no longer updated!) are available in the archive”.
Consider avoiding the “newest” option wich bears a warning: “If you’re a technology enthusiast, early adopter or power user, this version is for you!”

Good luck, but you better seek some help, as there are much more complicated web-pages out there than LibreOffice.org

1 Like

Maybe adding C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\soffice.bin to the Allowed list in your antivirus software will fix the issue.