How do I get focus on (select) a shape sent to background in Calc?

I am using Version: 5.4.3.2 (x64). I use Calc to do a lot of project planning and use shapes to model what I am working on. I have noticed 2 things.

• Even though I may take the menued steps to move some shapes “back” or “to the back”, other shapes may still get partially hidden behind them while other shapes may appear in front.

• My most pressing problem. In order to circumvent the prior issue, I have tried moving shapes “to background”. However, once sen to the background layer, I have no idea of how to move them out of that layer so they can be edited, deleted, …

Anyone have a solution? Will upgrading to 6.1 help?

Start the navigator (F5), then double click on regarding object. Now it should be selected.

(This in addition to @Hrbrgr’s answer.)

Will upgrading to 6.1 help?

… same procedure!

1 Like

@Grantler It seems many roads lead to Rome. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re using shapes from the Drawing toolbar. To mark shapes that have been placed in the background, you need the Drawing toolbar. It is invoked via the menu View>Toolbars>Drawing. On the Drawing toolbar, click the “Selection” icon. Now you can click on a shape (object), it will be marked. It can now be moved or otherwise.