how do i insert a logo at the top of a business letter?
Have you tried menu Insert → Image?
To do it repeatedly, you could create a template with the image embedded at the top.
Have you checked the help file or the documentation yet? There is much to be gained by exploring and reading.
Menu Insert->Image. You might want a logo in EPS, PS or SVG format. This produces the crispest results. If you want the logo on every page then insert it in the document header. And yes, a plain old GIF, JPEG, PNG or BMP image will work as well, just not as crisp as the other formats that I mention.
Insert->Image doesn’t put the logo in the header where it belongs
@SKAHLE1: give more details or, better, ask your own question with a link to this one to show that you already searched the site for a solution. Describe step by step what you did and failed. Don’t forget to mention OS name, LO version and save format.
There are a few assumptions made in the answer:
- You already have a header. If not click Format > Page style > Header and tick the box Header on
- You need to have the cursor in the header when you click Insert > Image
- You need to know that you can drag the image to the desired position as long as it remains at or below its anchor point if Anchor to paragraph or Anchor to character is set as default on your system.
- If you want the image at the cursor position like text (or like Word), you can right-click the image and select Anchor as character. If it ends up in an unwanted position, it is easiest to cut and paste it to your desired position.
- If Anchor as character is set as default the image will be inserted at the cursor position. You can change the setting to have this as default. In Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > Formatting Aids under Image change the Anchor setting to As character.
More information in The Writer Guide downloadable at English documentation | LibreOffice Documentation - LibreOffice User Guides
Actually, I am referring to Calc. I think you are talking about Write.
In Calc, the only way I see to add an image to the header is by putting it in the “background”. It can’t be re-sized, regardless of the “Custom position/size” setting. That simply does not work. It only resizes in the preview, not the actual document. It’s frustrating when there are settings that do absolutely nothing.
Also, the image turns out to be low-res and terrible looking.
Then you should not be in this conversation. It is about Writer and logo in business letter