How do I insert same text into footer on every page of a document in Writer?

How do I insert same text into footer on every page of a document in Writer?

I have enabled and formatted the footer in my page style and checked the box that says “same content on left and right pages”.

I have then typed text in the footer of one page. But it appears only on that one page, not on any other page even though all pages are of the same style.

I have also tried inserting the field “subject” into the footer and writing my text there. Again the text appears only on that one page.

This is a long document and I do not want to have to repeat the operation on every page. I can’t believe that there is no way to do this.

By the way, if I insert page numbers they do appear as they should on every page. But text does not.

By chance, do you save your document .doc(x)?
DOCX has no notion of page style. Conversion to DOCX tends to create one page style per page. This could explain your problem.

Thank you but no, always saved as .odt.

In the footer settings there is a check box to have a different first page. What happens if you enter text into the footer of page two?

Thanks for the suggestion, I have always been entering the text on page 2.

The problem seems to be solved. All I did was delete this version of the document file and start afresh with the original file.

The entered text in the footnote always refers only to the associated page template.