How do I install the software?

I have used this software for years, through several versions of Windows. I have Windows 10 with automatic updates. I checked before contacting you and Belarc says my computer is up to date. For some reason this morning my older version [from 2019] would not open. I tried for a long time and nothing; so I decided to download the newer version. The installer for the software loaded successfully [ver 6.4.7.2]. I started the download and selected a typical install; it begins installing after verifying the install and suddenly I get the message: The wizard was interrupted before it could be installed. I closed the software, got out of every program that was open [except notepad] and tried again a 2d time. The result was the same. I deleted both old LibreOffice programs from my download file [the oldest after the 1st fail] the newest [mid-2019] after the 2d failure to install. I have not a clue what to do. Any help is appreciated—I use this software at least once a day almost every day.

Thanks electrajune

got out of every program that was open [except notepad] and tried again a 2d time.

…and when did you reboot your system for the last time?
What is/was your LibreOffice version currently installed/before you tried the upgrade?

> Belarc says my computer is up to date.

What/who is “Belarc”? Are you using a software updater?

Have you read instructions from your anti virus on how to install programs when you have set anti ransomware to run?

Once installed, you’ll need to add soffice.bin to the list of allowed apps

Another possibility, although lower probability than my previous comment.

In Windows click Start menu > :gear: Settings > Apps > Apps & Features, Under the heading Choose where to get apps ensure that the drop down box says Anywhere

If neither suggestion work, have a look at General Installation Issues (Windows). Cheers, Al