How do I open a CSV file from Big Commerce and save it so it will open in Excel?

I am leaving Big Commerce for another host. I have downloaded the customer CSV file from the Big Commerce site. I cannot get it to open because of a box that has a drop down and I have no idea what to do. I have never seen this box before. I cannot even send you the screen shot because of a box from this site popping up and wanting the url for the screen shot. It’s on my desktop. How do I get a url from that?

I am desperate here, I cannot find anyone who can simply explain why I am getting the grey box with the drop down for character set… and how to open the CSV file from BC in order to save it again for use in Excel. And how to do that.

I am on a deadline. I am freaking and do not know where else to turn.

OS10.9.5
English

Thank you

[Edit: added Mac10.9.5 tag]

To add a screenshot here:-

1. Make + save the screenshot as a jpeg or png file
    (I believe that you have done this already)
  2. Click on the paperclip icon (Ctrl-F Attachment)
  3. (It says “Please choose and upload a file”)
    (Under that is an entry box for a URL)
    (Underneath that is a button that says Browse..., and alongside it says “No file selected.”)

Click on the Browse... button, navigate to your screenshot file + select it
  4. Press OK and the screenshot will be uploaded

“I cannot get it to open because of a box that has a drop down and I have no idea what to do.”

Well, neither can we as we do not even know what options it gives. Later on you say “drop down for character set” (but do not mention what options are given). I suspect that it is a File type box, in which case you would select “Text CSV”.

Calm down, please, and help us to help you.

If this helps then please tick the answer (:heavy_check_mark:)